Subject: Re: [Leica] FS: R8
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 10:47:03 -0600

Tuesday, Tuesday, November 17, 1998, Dominique PELLISSIER wrote:

> With such a marketing, you have no chance to sell your lemon !

Well,

First,  I  am  an honest person.  I would not feel right not to inform
people of the problem I had with the camera.

Second,  as  I  said,  it has been fixed by Leica NJ and their repairs
have  a  6 month warranty. Should the same thing occur again send it in
with the letter and they should fix it again.

Compared with many of the problems I have heard of on the R8, this one
was  simple.  A  bad  rear  door. That is all. They thought it was the
static problem at first and hence the confusion on the repair. Look in
the  R8  book  and  you  will  see  that the problems I was having are
exactly  the same as a static problem described in the book. Rear door
replaced, battery of tests done, problem with the static fixed. All in
all a like new R8 for much less. Not a bad deal and coming from me you
KNOW what you are getting into. Just buy any camera used anywhere else
and  I  assure  you,  you damn sure will not know what you are getting
into.

They  had the thing for 3 weeks and performed a bunch of tests on it. I
spoke  with  the  repair  person  who was working on it and he told me
everything   they did to it and I am sure it is in top condition.

BTW   from  your  statement  above  anything  you try to sell will be
suspect.

Have a good day.

Best regards,
 Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com
mailto:hmcclary@earthlink.net

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.