Subject: [Leica] Black Leopard Experience
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2024 15:58:58 +0530

Christopher, Don, Luis and Alan

Thanks for looking.

Luis, The vehicle was open on all sides - the leopard could have been on my
lap with very little effort - but in all wildlife areas around the world,
they do not perceive vehicles, or, indeed, the humans sitting inside as a
threat, so, as long as we do not do anything abysmally stupid, we are safe.

Chris, the black leopards are just the melanistic version of the normal
spotted leopard, and they retain all the features, except the colour of
their skin. They breed as well, "normal" leopards see nothing abnormal
about the black ones.

Don, If I remember right, bounty hunting is outlawed in Kenya, even in
privately owned conservancies

Cheers
Jayanand