Subject: [Leica] Friday Follies
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2024 14:32:24 -0500

The Austin area has no issue with new housing being built.   Through a
combination of limited development allowed in aquifer recharge zoned, steep
landscapes unsuitable for development, escarpments that encourage
flashfloods making it problematic for high density housing, and a truly
dysfunctional permitting code compliance department housing costs are
approaching Palo Alto levels of unaffordable.

Even with the headwinds rental prices are coming down as new units are
completed.