Subject: [Leica] Any SL users posting or lurking?
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 14:42:05 -0700

I?m using both an SL2 and SL2S. I like them quite a bit.

I found a couple of sites useful in setting up the cameras.

The guys on Red Dot Forum (YouTube) have a setup video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PduFmQ5kT3g&t=7494s

It's useful and is very good at explaining how to set up the various User
Profile settings which I had somehow ignored. That part starts about 1:49:00
into the video. Yes - it?s long.

Also Leica Camera Australia has some fine SL2/SL2S videos that I found
useful. I like Nick Rains? style of video. He also does a deep deep dive
into the video settings that, frankly, told me more than I wanted to know!
(Sorta like that book about penquins.)

They?re at:

https://www.youtube.com/@LeicaCameraAustralia

I've been shooting primarily with the 100-400 and the 24-90 although I have
the 24-70 as well. And I use a couple of M lenses: 50mm sumicron and 50mm
noctilux f1.0 as well as the R lens 100mm APO macro.

I?m pleased that Leica has upgraded the features with firmware updates and
hope they manage to do a few more even though the SL3 is now out.

I admit that I would like phase-detect autofocus.

I?m also really pleased with the geotagging of photos through the Leica
Leica FOTOS app on my iPhone. Unlike the Fuji version for my X-H2S using the
Xapp, the link to the camera is very fast. By the time the camera has been
turned on and is up to my eye the GPS data is ready to be linked. Vastly
better than it was a year or so ago.

It?s not a light camera, that?s for sure, and the native lenses are large
and heavy as well. Oh the joy of autofocus motors.

What are you shooting with (in terms of glass?)

Adam Bridge
Davis, CA