Subject: [Leica] Rainy Day
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2024 12:31:32 -0600

We have always put glass doors on and outside air intake to gain the heat
but not lose it out the chimney.  Older houses I have lived in dating from
the thirties or forties didn't have anything in front of the fireplace:
owners were assumed bright enough to place something in place to prevent
house fires and burned creatures both human and furry.  Then again, most of
them had inflammable flush hearths so an errant log wound't gain momentum
and roll out on the most likely wood floor.