Subject: [Leica] IMG: Two herons
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 10:18:45 -0800

So, while I was photographing the blue heron a man walks up and asks me if
that is a swan. I don?t think he was a birder.

I told him it wasn?t and that swans are in short supply here but that if he
wanted to see really large white birds by the cubic acre he could head out
of town to where the snow geese are hanging out.

He was really disappointed it wasn?t a swan because he?d always wanted to
see one. Then I helped him see the green heron and told him about the
cormorants he?d see up ahead.

I?m sad that the river otters haven?t been back to the arboretum in a while.
It?s a bit of an overland traverse but there are some rather large carp
there for the taking. Maybe carp aren?t to an otter?s taste?

Adam