Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wayback Photos - 1969 to 2011 Award Winners
From: jassechan at gmail.com (Jasse Chan)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 10:20:25 +0000

Dear Mister Magayne-Roshak

I would buy the book!

I've been busy beavering away at work and happily scrolling through your
photos, and I feel like you've fooled me into a photographer's education!

The sheer range of types of photos you've taken and been recognised for is
frankly overwhelming for this kid from Toronto!

I'm honestly so blown away at your portraiture:  I mean you've managed to
turn a humble formal portrait into an example of masterful lighting AND
allowed the person to bring their personality to bear!  (and of course I
would be remiss in the perfect clarity and sharpness of those images.)

And then, you've also appealed to the child in me with your composition and
colour!  The Red Truck in front of a Blue building is perfect, and the
Clarinet laying on maple leaves makes me miss Canada (now that I live in
London).

Your sense of humour shines through many of your award winners!  "Truth -
Closed" and the "Soft Shoulder" sinking into the sand from 87 made me
laugh.  So did your last photo of the Chancellors sun putting all his
effort into his final sprint!

Thank you very much for sharing.

I didn't expect to go on such a journey first thing in the morning!

cheers

Jasse