Subject: [Leica] Wednesday Weeds
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 08:24:53 -0600

Douglas, the central US is much like central Asia in that there is no
impediment to very cold air moving south from the polar regions.  Every few
years the warm air carrying a heavy load of moisture is impacted by large
arctic fronts.  If the collision happens further north Colorado gets snow;
but if it happen further south you get rain right at the freezing point.  A
little wind and the temperature on the surface areas goes below the
freezing point of water.  It typically is a narrow band that mimics the
pressure bands.  San Antonio is about 110 km south and they had little or
no icing.

The other issue is the economists tell us that the cost/benefit ratio of
spending the funds to prepare for these events is to the point of let the
folks freeze might be seen as a problem.  The economists must not know
anybody that depends on electricity to survive whether that is keeping
medications chilled or mechanical support to breath.