Subject: [Leica] Wednesday Weeds
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 12:20:14 +0000

Don
I'm surprised to see ice storms hit Austin as it's not that far from the
Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf influences our weather here at 53 degrees north
for the better with the effects of the Gulf Stream, and we're 4,000
miles away, so you'd think that the benefits would be even stronger at
only 150 miles distance. Here in Ireland, we're much nearer the polar
region, but see nothing like your impressive photos even though we do
get cold weather every year with heavyish snow every four years or so.

Writing about it, I've probably broken our lucky weather streak, and
we'll get one huge snow storm in the coming days. That said all our
electricity supply cables are buried underground and we tend not to use
overhead cables much in urban areas, so weather outages are rarer.

Douglas

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Wednesday Weeds)