Subject: [Leica] Playing with Medium Format
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 12:17:18 -0500

The 80 planar is an incredible lens in medium format and you have used it
well.  You know I can't resist tree roots and rocks so the Rollei series is
appealing to me.  Your texture and selective focus is very poleasing.

The Super Ikonta seems better suited to images that work better when
romance, gradations, and a less crisp view is appropriate: the antithesis
of the F64 movement.  I am thinking more in the vein of Geogia O'Keefe's
flowers where the gross shape and very rough texture are the important
features.  I think someone's suggestion last week to look at some of the
Voightlander rangefinder offerings in medium format might give you a medium
format rangefinder that is possibly less expensive than the Fuji's.

Another thought is to use the Super Ikonta in low light with highly pushed
Tri-x or HP-5 using the grain and softness to effect the feel of night.  My
suggestions are really me working out using some of my less advanced gear:
I have struggled with the first generation Zeiss 35mm on a Contax II as it
is not a very good lens at least in my sample.  At least in 35mm I can use
a 1600 or 3200 speed film.