Subject: [Leica] OT: TVs
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 18:06:07 -0700

Can a guy who still watches a 21 inch TV with a picture tube (yeah, I know)
find happiness with a 32 inch LCD TV? For movies, we have lately been using
my wife?s ~1900 x 1000 computer screen. A 32 inch TV would fit nicely on the
stereo cabinet in our living room. We?ve just been on a trip, and the 32
inch TV in the rental house we stayed in seemed big enough, at least
watching ?character movies? rather than scenery movies.

I keep reading how to be a really cool kid, you need at least a 65 inch
screen with 4K and QLEDs and zone brightness and blah blah blah. I?m
honestly not sure how much those features would matter to me. Of course,
being a photographer, they might matter more than I think. But a bigger set
would totally dominate our small living room, says my wife. We sit about
8?10 feet from the TV.

Those of you who have been through this process, what do you think?

-Peter

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] OT: TVs)
Reply from bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] [LRflex] OT: TVs)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] *****SPAM*****: [OM] OT: TVs)
Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] OT: TVs)
Reply from ric at CartersXRd.net (Ric Carter) ([Leica] OT: TVs)