Subject: [Leica] Friday Follies
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 17:33:03 -0500

Resisting is very hard in Austin.  Several years ago my immediate
neighbor(an older but not elderly) sold the house to a youngish couple for
roughly 500K.  Bought a new more efficient home 32KM south of Austin for
265K and pocketed the difference with 1/3 the taxes.

If you don't especially desire the music scene, numerous greenbelts, or the
close proximity to UT then selling out makes sense.

Your son enjoys proximity to Manhatten but doesn't quite pay NYC
rents/taxes.

Austin spends tremendous amounts on cultural everything that shows up in
taxes.  As well, much like the EU, Texas moves school taxes from affluent
cities to less affluent cities.  I think this is an excellent proposition
as education is vital and some parts of Texas are very poor if you aren't
the land holder of 100K acres.(toward the west you quickly find 10 hectare
grasslands; takes 10 hectares to support a ruminant).