Subject: [Leica] House and Storm Debris On Arbor Avenue
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 19:43:36 -0400

Normally the city doesn?t, but we've never had a storm like this. The
storm's winds reached 98mph according to the National Weather Service; most
of the city's 275,000 residents lost electricity; thousands of trees were
broke off at the ground or simply uprooted (and many of them were very
large, thick trees!). One person in my neighborhood was killed when the wind
propelled a tree through a window in her house.

So, the city government told residents to pile their fallen trees along the
road and the city would collect them. The trees are being ground up to make
mulch. The parks department uses a lot of it in the flower gardens in the
city's parks, and they are offering free mulch to residents. There were so
many trees downed that it was only last week that most of the trees had
finally been collected.

--
Chris Crawford

Fine Art Photography

Fort Wayne, Indiana

260-437-8990

https://chriscrawfordphoto.com  My portfolio

https://crawfordphotoschool.com Learn From Me

?On 7/26/22, 1:35 PM, "LUG on behalf of Don Dory via LUG"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of
lug at leica-users.org> wrote:

    Does Ft Wayne pick up tree debris or is that the owners responsibility?