Subject: [Leica] the 35 f2 tta asph is freaking astounding
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 07:46:46 -0700

For those interested.....

The Chinese lenses from TTartisan and 7Artisans are made well. They
really do feel like a classic Leica lens in handling.

But you do not buy a lens for its feel... you buy it for its optical
performance......

I have several of these lenses and have tested them against their Leica
equivalents.

The Chinese lenses are not as optically capable as the German. But, in
general, they are not too far behind either....? About the equivalent of
the German lenses made in the 50's, 60's and 70's.....

The best reason to consider one... Price vs usability.....

These lenses are typically 5% of the cost of the German.? Not 5% less,
but 5% OF the cost.....? And if you are not using the lens regularly,
think Nocti or 21mm Summilux, then they offer you a really good
performance for little money.

Try them out before you dismiss them as junk... I think you will be
pleasantly surprised.

Frank Filippone
BMWRed735i at gmail.com

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] the 35 f2 tta asph is freaking astounding)