Subject: [Leica] Antenna vs. roof
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 05:20:46 -1000

I agree with the logic that Don uses.  Standard construction gives
standard heights.  The question is if the pitch on your roof is
substantially different from your neighbor's.

We are all assuming your house is 2 story, like your neighbor's.  True?

I do not believe that your sight lines are in the right place.
First take the picture you drew and start your lines over again.  Use
the first floor windows or, better yet,, the top of the front doors to
establish your reference line.  Second line is parallel to the first but
starts at the top of the antenna mount.

It might be enlightening to take a picture of your house between your
neighbors... 3 houses wide..... Mark your lines as noted above between
the 2 other houses.  This would eliminate all the distortions stuff and
roof pitch questions.

Or, as another has suggested... climb up there and get out your
Engineer's Transit ( you do have one, right?) and sight it that way....
or use the laser level.

As you are most likely north of 50 years old, I suggest the safest
technique to be re-analysis and a 3 house photo.

Note: Leica makes Thedolites.  Laser Thedolites.  We are back IN topic.

https://leica-geosystems.com/en-us/products

Frank Filippone
BMWRed735i at Gmail.com

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.carlsbad.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Antenna vs. roof)