Subject: [Leica] Antenna vs. roof
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 19:00:21 -0800

This is sort of off-topic, but does involve photography. Is the top of
my roof tower a bit higher than my neighbor's roof, as it appears to be?
Or does my iPhone 7 camera's distortion or where I stood make the
picture meaningless? This is significant because I'm thinking of putting
up a directional antenna for VHF (ham radio), and having a unobstructed
view of the horizon is very desirable.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/temp/IMG_1036RoofAntennas-w.jpg.html>

If you know of a reasonably easy way to determine this without expensive
surveyor's tools, please tell. ("Brother, can you spare a Theodolite?")

Background:? When the roof tower was installed, the house on the left
was a one-story rambler. Now it's a McMansion.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] [LRflex] Antenna vs. roof)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Antenna vs. roof)
Reply from boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein) ([Leica] Antenna vs. roof)