Subject: [Leica] Sounds of Silence - week 20
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 14:34:29 -0500

Your comment reminds me of a trip to a cousins house in Nebraska somewhere
east of Lincoln.   The only bathrooms were his and her outhouses.   This
would have been 1958 or 59.

That side of the family is pretty practical,  no debt on the farm and at
this point owns several sections of land.   And yes,  when I visited early
this century the home had been upgraded to a modern home.   That happened
when corn hit $6 a bushel on 300+ bushel land.

I think they will double crop this year with corn now and winter wheat in
the fall.   They have had good rainfall and are near the Platte so the
water table is high.