Subject: [Leica] An actual photograph
From: billclough042541 at gmail.com (Bill Clough)
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 21:53:26 -0500

USA
TEXAS
VICTORIA

Hi there ?

Brian's photograph brings out the college photographer instructor in me.

First of all, there are no "rules" of composition. There only are
":elements." Brian's photograph is an excellent example of some of them.

1. Triangles. The eye enjoys seeing this element, The youngsters are
positioned in a perfect triangle.
2. Rules (perhaps that should be elements) of thirds. Each child's head is
positioned in one of the thirds.
3. Most importantly, eye direction. The child's head on the upper left is
looking toward the girl on the lower left. Her face is directed into the
picture. Follow her direction and you see the little girl in blue, whose
face is turned to the center of the photo and also toward the youngster in
the upper left. The viewer's eye just keeps revolving in the circle, never
leaving the photograph.

This is very close to being a perfect photograph.

In all, there are more than a dozen "elements" of composition. No picture
can include all of t hem. But for a single picture to encompass three of
them is remarkable.

Discourse on the other elements upon request.

Bravo, Brian!

?Bill

On Sat, May 21, 2022 at 9:18 PM Bernard Quinn via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>