Subject: [Leica] Connie Stevens’ camera, 1959
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 16:33:30 -0700

Thanks, Sonny! Good eye. The moment I saw your post, I thought, ?Of course.?
For some reason, when I looked at the camera on the TV screen, my brain said
?Canon,? and that closed it to other possibilities. The black viewfinder
panel made me think of the light meter cells on the Canon 7, but those were
on the other side, and the ?7? didn't exist yet. The Nikon SP came out in
1957, so it would have been a natural choice for a ?people photographer? of
1957.
Interesting that the prop camera?s Nikon logo appears to have been removed.
I wonder if that had to do with trademark considerations.
Enjoyed the other comments. I actually considered getting a Nikon SP at one
point. But when I actually held one, the viewfinder just wasn?t anywhere
nearly as good the Leica M finders, so I passed. Beautiful machine, though.
?Peter
Sonny wrote:
> Looks like a Nikon SP to me
> https://sonc.com/camera11.jpg

Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com <http://sonc.com/look/>
Natchitoches, Louisiana
1714

USA

On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 10:40 PM Peter Klein via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
wrote:

> During my recovery from hip surgery, I?ve been watching a lot of old TV.
> I?ve particularly enjoyed a series called "Hawaiian Eye," about a pair of
> private detectives in Honolulu c. 1959-63. One of the sidekick characters
> is  "Cricket" Blake (played by Connie Stevens), a lounge singer who is also
> a photographer. She is shown here in the opening credits with what appears
> to be a Canon rangefinder. Can anyone identify the model? Note that the
> clip is from 1959, two years too early for the Canon 7.
>
>  <
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/temp/428B6DCA-328A-4FA9-B83D-F4FFACD0619E.png.html

--Peter, dictating to my iPad
(If it misconstrues, please excuse)