Subject: [Leica] [LRflex] Does Anyone Have Suggestions For Lens Mount Lubrication
From: smithjeffery at mac.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 08:42:53 -0800

On one episode of Gunsmoke (early B&W version) a stagecoach wheel seized up
due to lack of grease. An old man in the coach lubricated it with some
cheese. I wouldn't use cheese on the lens mount unless you have a nice brie
or a brick of Philadelphia Cream Cheese. If you use cottage cheese, make
sure it wasn't from reduced fat or skim milk. If you have cheddar cheese,
let it sit out at room temperature for a few hours. It will begin to "sweat"
oil. Rub finger on sweaty cheese, rub finger on mount.  Done.

Jeffery Smith
smithjeffery at mac.com