Subject: [Leica] V-22 Osprey
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 17:25:33 -0600

Was that convenience for the brass?  Practice is needed as there have been
a lot of accidents that they want to blame on the pilots; it is a tricky
aircraft and the exact performance profile of how to rotate is probably
fairly complex and not completely automated.  From my pilot friends it is
important to practice in the air you are going to be flying into.  One
talked about flying in Quito with mountains all around and a shortish
runway at 10,000 feet roughly and cold air.  You had a very narrow window
of speed, approach, flap timing, and glide path.  Didn't sound like fun and
he quit bidding on that route fairly quickly.  He much preferred the 18
hours nonstop to Sydney or Cape Town.