Subject: [Leica] Broken Water Pipe Part two.
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2022 10:00:05 -0800

They got it fixed at 3:00 AM.? Once they found the pipe the fix was
pretty fast.? It was interesting seeing them search for the leak with
the large vacuum cleaner. First right by the tree then over by the
curb.? I guess it beats a backhoe as they did not have to have the gas
line and cable line marked.? A backhoe would never have gotten by them
anyway.? It was about 5 feet down, about 2 feet under the two other
lines. .? The break was a clean break at a fitting.? As you can see from
the last photo, the pipes don't line up so I guess 35 years of sheer
tension finally snapped it. Great water system.? The pipe is 1 inch
125psi pipe.? Not even schedule 40.? So, we will have a hole in the
ground until Monday when they will bring back some dirt and gravel to
bury it back up, but we have water.

So, what will we do today for excitement?

New photos start here and continue to the right.

Broken Water Line-1010397 (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/wm/Broken+Water+Line-1010397.jpg.html>

View large.? The Q2 can take it.

Aram

--
Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher

would ever have dared dream.?   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from jassechan at gmail.com (Jasse Chan) ([Leica] [LRflex] Broken Water Pipe Part two.)