Subject: [Leica] Friday Follies
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 05:45:00 -0600

Greetings to all.  This week will be somewhat of a departure.  I am
cleaning up some relevant images to how weird Austin can be.  Our first one
is just a well done bit of neon:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Heritage+Boot+company.jpg.html

This second image is dead center of the primary tourist area south of
downtown:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/We+spank+our+patties.jpg.html

We do get one traditional bit of wall art for a well loved singer
songwriter in central Texas and with an international reputation:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/John+Prine.jpg.html

The good citizens of Austin do love their creatures:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Backyard+menangerie.jpg.html

This was taken from the old East side of Austin traditionally Hispanic and
still very much so although the neighborhoods are being turned over as the
last relatively affordable neigborhoods:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/armadillo+as+war+elephant.jpg.html

Last we have a converted free newspaper dispensary now being used to
collect books for prisoners.  For those outside the US the sticker
referring to ICE is about immigation and customs:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/We+send+free+books.jpg.html

All the best.

--
Don