Subject: [Leica] Lockdown Chronicles
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 08:33:31 +0530

Sonny, Don, Denis, Nathan and Douglas

Thanks for looking.

The non IBIS images are a technique called ICM (Intentional Camera
Movement) - basically smearing colours and shapes on a sensor, using a very
long exposure, much like painting on canvas.

The diggers are on the beach because my apartment  overlooks the mouth of a
small river, the Adyar river, which flows through Chennai, from our main
water catchment area down to the Bay of Bengal. Periodically, when the silt
blocks the mouth, these diggers come out to dredge it, and create an outlet
for the river water to drain into the Bay of Bengal. In times of heavy
rain, water is systematically released down this river to forestall a
flooding disaster. The last photograph was taken as a storm approached from
the bay, and deposited 210mm of rain on us in 5-6 hours. The weather
forecast had told us to be prepared for 5mm of rain. Go figure.....

Cheers
Jayanand