Subject: [Leica] Modern Times Kid's street games (A tribute to Sabine Weiss)
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 13:25:06 +0000

Sabine Weiss is the same age (97) as my mother, and it seems incredible
to me that people would be so aggressive to an elderly woman, but then
again these are modern times - so full of fear, misunderstanding, and
fomented hate.

I hesitate to take pictures of children on the street nowadays using a
camera, even though it is legal to take photos in a public place in
Ireland. Funnily, people don't seem so bothered about mobile phone
cameras or security cameras. Traditional cameras stand out too much, so
maybe I should revert to my IIIc.

Douglas