Subject: [Leica] Hard drive advice?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 22:09:08 -0500

That was a helpful link.  It appears that somewhere around 36 months HDD
failure rates start going up.  That appears to be a budget problem in terms
of planned replacement schedule.  Currently it appears that both 12 and
14tb drives are reliable in the timeframe mentioned for failure rates.

Drobo does have a calculator for what mix of drive sizes provides what
storage space is available so I was aware that adding one large drive
doesn't add storage space especially if using the dual drive failure
feature.  Understood and will buy based on size/price reliability scale.