Subject: [Leica] IMG: Arnhem, 2004
From: jassechan at gmail.com (Jasse Chan)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 14:05:08 -0600

Dear Nathan

Thank you for sharing these pics.

My wife's grandfather was a Canadian WWII veteran - who survived Dieppe.
In Canada, that location is widely known as a beach where Canadians were
massacred on a beach.  When I was dating my wife, I met him for the first
time, and I was the first outsider that he proudly showed me his medals.
He immediately accepted me into his family, and I've been very proud of
being part of it for over 20 years now.  (I'm of Trinidadian / Indian
descent - who married a red-haired PEI girl!)

Later in my life, I would work as a Canadian for the Dutch National Energy
company, and I've gotta tell you:  The Dutch remember Canadians helping
during the war.

It's a true testament to your images that I am stirred by such vivid
memories.

High Five from Calgary!

Jasse