Subject: [Leica] IMG: Bumble Bee With Unusual Markings
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021 16:39:14 -0400

Great photo. The bumblebees love my Rose of Sharons, too. I often see them
crawling into them before they open for the day. Early bee gets the pollen!

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

260-437-8990

https://chriscrawfordphoto.com  My portfolio

https://crawfordphotoschool.com Learn From Me

?On 8/18/21, 3:02 PM, "LUG on behalf of Jim Nichols"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of
jhnichols at lighttube.net> wrote:

    By noon, the Rose of Sharon blooms were about half closed, but a few
    bees were still working. I caught this large black bee departing a
    partially closed bloom.  As I looked at the image on my computer screen,
    I realized that the markings were unusual. It was not a Carpenter Bee,
    our most common variety, but was thin-waisted and had two thin, fuzzy
    yellow bands on the abdomen.  Searches online were not helpful.  I
    assume it is some form of Bumble Bee, but the name eludes me.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210818-P8180301-Enhanced.JPG.html

    X-E1 with 50-200 and monopod.

    --
    Jim Nichols