Subject: [Leica] Advice for what M Kit to take to Santa Fe NM and Taos is a few weeks
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 12:47:54 -1000

Taking a different tack on this....

The whole area is filled with Native American Puebloes (villages).? When we
went (10 years or more ago), we visited several, to see the pottery that
is made there.? The people are welcoming, the pottery exquisite. Make it a
point of visiting.... and watch out for the ladies starting up their
beehive ovens... with twigs.... A real remembrance worth having.

The local churches are pretty amazing.... study on Ansel's images to see the
kind of buildings that are STILL there....

You already can guess the food is terrific.... We went to the Chimayo
Restaurant another member mentioned.? My wife liked the Christmas sauces on
her
food? ( one side of the plate green the other red, especially handy for
those that can not decide....)

It is hard to recommend lenses if you do not tell us what you already own,
but..... assuming that the 7Artisans and TTArtisan lenses are in your
kit.....

Lenses?? Take what you got.... It is pretty open space, you can back up a
fair amount.? If you like details of buildings, a 90 or 135 ( or if you have
a 42MP M, just take the 90.? Crop out a few MP to get the 135 viewpoint).? I
don't see the ultra wides as that important.... YMMV. Ditto the extreme
fast lenses.... but they don;t hurt either....?? The Tri Elmar is a good
choice.... 28/35/50 or, if you are using primes, take a 35 and a 50......
Nice range, when you take a 90 with it.... Maybe add a 28, or not....? If
you like church interiors, take a 21 or wider.?? If you don't, don't.

I would not take multiple versions of the same focal length.... NO real
advantage over sticking with one .... remember your wide open shooting for
Bokeh or limited DOF will be really limited because of the bright light.?
You will probably shoot more at F16 then F0.95.? Most of the "CHARACTER" in
lenses is absent when shooting really closed down.? One lens has the look of
all the others....

Keep in mind that most of your images will be architecturally focused to
some degree or another....

And whatever happens, remember the Sunny 16 rule.... it will be VERY sunny.?
Lots of deep shadows.

Remember to shoot the cemetery in Taos Pueblo.

As an esteemed member once said... KISS.

Frank Filippone
BMWRed735i at Gmail.com