Subject: [Leica] Advice for what M Kit to take to Santa Fe NM and Taos is a few weeks
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 14:42:30 -0500

I think most images will fall in the 28-35mm range.  However I would go
down to 15-18mm if you own that wide and up to 135mm if you own.  Many of
the streets and allys benefit from wide to very wide.  Some architectural
details and landscapes would benefit from more telephoto.

So an ideal kit would be 18, 28, 50, 135(90).  In Santa Fe you should visit
the art project "Meow Wolf" which would easily require 18-21mm.  The
central Plaza would best be served with your normal street lens.  Down near
the old train depot possibly a normal to telephoto.  The Georgia O'Keefe
museum 24-35mm.

Taos can be seen from ultra wide to telephoto.  There are some interesting
lava fields between the two cities.  I also recommend visiting the large
radio telescope array and White Sands....

You could easily spend several weeks in New Mexico just figuring out what
is important to you to see.