Subject: [Leica] Up-resolution with PS Enhance and with Gigapixel
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard L Ritter Jr)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 11:30:34 -0400

I have two reasons for wanting to post just now. One is my recent trip to
Iceland, a maiden voyage for my new Q2. The other is the recent availability
of PS Enhance and Topaz Gigapixel AI. The two themes fit together nicely
because up-res?ing could be a key to making the single-FL, high-Mpx Q2 even
more versatile, by increasing the effective FL that can be realized from
cropping and enlarging. I speculated that state-of-the-art up-res?ing by a
factor of 2 might allow for decent prints (or viewing on a monitor) in the
25?-wide range of down to 25% crops (equivalent to FL 112mm). This is well
past the Q?s ?digital zoom? limit of 75mm, which of course isn?t anything
but a built-in crop since it (properly) doesn?t involve any image
manipulation.

I?ll be posting an album of images from Iceland soon, as well as my
impressions of the Q2. Here?s a first one, with a 117mm-equiv. 24% crop
presented natively, after PS Enhance, and after Gigapixel. (I was aiming for
a 25% crop, but this is where I landed.)

I?d welcome comments on the results themselves as well as your takes on the
comparison of the two methods of up-res?ing.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/Up-res+test/?g2_fromNavId=x2d271756

<http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/Up-res+test/?g2_fromNavId=x2d271756>

?howard

Replies: Reply from leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans) ([Leica] Up-resolution with PS Enhance and with Gigapixel)