Subject: [Leica] UFOs?
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 11:52:59 -0700

We tried a few night shots one day while in Yosemite.? I pulled up to
Valley View and hopped out of the van and saw the strangest thing.? A
whole line of lights moving across the sky from west to the east, one
right after another.? Like a military convoy of planes.? One other
person was there and he said they just started and he counted 36 of them
so far.? I quickly set up the Q2 and did a rough manual focus on the
stars and got this shot. I was lucky.? I did not have time to play
around with the focus or even where I was aiming the camera.? As it turn
out I learned later these were satellites for the StarLink internet
program of Elon Musk, the destroyer of astrophotography if you read some
articles about that program.? So, here is my quick grab shot.? I guess
there were 60 in all and I got the tail end.

f2.0, 8 sec, ISO 800.? Had to brighten it up quite a bit in LR.

Valley View Stars-1000161 (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/s21/y/Valley+View+Stars-1000161.jpg.html>

Comments welcome.

--
Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher

would ever have dared dream.?   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] UFOs?)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] UFOs?)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] UFOs?)
Reply from rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus) ([Leica] UFOs?)