Subject: [Leica] Schoolhouse at Besancon, Indiana #6
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Christopher Crawford)
Date: Sat, 01 May 2021 15:43:51 -0400

These schoolhouses had one classroom that took up most of the building. Most
of them also had two small rooms in the front extension of the building, on
both sides of the door, that were for storage and for students to hang their
coats in the winter. There was no restroom; they had outhouses. I've seen a
few that had basements, with a second classroom down there, and one that had
a second floor with a second classroom. Same basic design as the one in the
photo, just taller with a second floor.

--
Chris Crawford

Fine Art Photography

Fort Wayne, Indiana

260-437-8990

https://chriscrawfordphoto.com  My portfolio

https://crawfordphotoschool.com Learn From Me

?On 5/1/21, 3:03 PM, "LUG on behalf of Alan Magayne-Roshak via LUG"
<lug-bounces+chris=chriscrawfordphoto.com at leica-users.org on behalf of

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 Christopher Crawford <chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com
    >wrote:

    >I photographed this abandoned one-room schoolhouse in rural Allen
County,
    Indiana back in 2002. As soon as I set up the tripod and camera, a heavy
    rainstorm began!

    >https://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=350
    <https://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=350>

    >Olympus OM-4T and 35mm f2 Zuiko lens.

    >Chris Crawford
    Wow.  And you really mean ONE room.  Moody.

    --
    Alan

    (Retired)
    UPAA Photographer of the Year 1978