Subject: [Leica] Q2 and Friday Flower
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 14:06:01 -0700

Just got back from a walk where there was a nice Star Magnolia. Still
too windy for a close-up, so I took a shot of the whole tree trying to
focus on the central flower, but I failed.

Star Magnolia-1010685 (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/ff/Star+Magnolia-1010685.jpg.html>

But looking around on the computer I noticed the flower along the lower
edge was it pretty sharp focus, so I cropped most all of the photo away
to show just that flower.? That is about 1:1 crop on my screen. That is
about 3MP from the original 47MP image.? I was impressed with how nice
it looked.

Star Magnolia-1010685-1 to 1 (leica-users.org)
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/ff/Star+Magnolia-1010685-1+to+1.jpg.html>

Of course, it will not make a very large print, but I think it is pretty
nice,? I did not start out trying to take a macro shot, but this lens
can be cropped pretty much down to the pixel and still give outstanding
results.

Aram, still keeping my 100/2.8 APO.

--
Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher

would ever have dared dream.?   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (RicCarter) ([Leica] Q2 and Friday Flower)