Subject: [Leica] Monday Misc.
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 08:54:26 -0500

Greetings to all.  Let's start out this first Monday of summer with an all
too typical shot of a fur baby at lunch time:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/feed+the+fur+baby.jpg.html

One of our famous street musicians passed away this year, you could rely on
him to be at the corner playing his guitar and demanding payment for images
of himself with a convenient Venmo account.  I thought the floral
arrangement was quite appropriate:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/repect+for+a+street+musician.jpg.html

A welcome sight on a warm day and a long trail:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/welcome+smile+on+hot+day.jpg.html

This tower is a favorite place for family images:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/picture+for+dad.jpg.html

This last week I broke out the old Canon 50mm 0.95 to play with my dead
Sago palm fronds:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/life+at+0_95.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Monday+Misc/0_95+bokeh.jpg.html

I would like to start a discussion of "interesting lenses.  One of our
members is bringing up some high speed Chinese lenses available from
various sites; I know I own quite a few oddball lenses purchased for unique
signatures.  I know that the old fast lenses from the 60's or earlier can
bring quite interesting flaws to the imaging field.

The old 400 and 560 Telyts have fallen enough out of favor I wonder how
they would render with quite a bit of extension; their curved fields might
be very interesting.

All the best.

--
Don