Subject: [Leica] a chance encounter
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 01:31:26 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

I've been trying to visit Ancil Hoffman Park in nearby Carmichael
(Sacramento County) regularly this spring to check on the progress of
potential woodpecker nest sites.  This involves a lot of walking around the
various trails; coyotes are always present here but usually secretive. As
many animals do, Coyotes have regular habits and they certainly have
established den sites but I have yet to determine either so my encounters
with them have been random.  It didn't seem to mind me, it looked toward me
several times in the few minutes I had.

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/mammals/canidae/canis/latrans/canlat15.html
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/mammals/canidae/canis/latrans/canlat16.html
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/mammals/canidae/canis/latrans/canlat14.html