Subject: [Leica] IMG: my mother's frikadeller
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2021 06:19:32 +0100

More food added (after all, we eat every day).

?Frikadeller? is a Danish word for meat patties, a distant cousin of
hamburgers. In Polish, this dish is called ?kotlety mielone? or ?ground
cutlets?. It is one of the dishes I remember very well from my childhood and
adolescence, having watched my mother make them countless times. Now I make
them for my wife and daughter, with separate bowls and pans since my
daughter does not eat meat, so I use a soy-based ground beef substitute for
her. But here is an image of the real thing, made with 50/50 ground beef and
ground pork:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Cooking-in-confinement/i-zR4b5FT/A
and here is the recipe:
https://nathansmusings.files.wordpress.com/2021/03/babcias-frikadeller.pdf
I call them like this because ?babcia? means ?grandmother? in Polish, and
this is how my children (who otherwise do not speak Polish) called my mother.

At a risk of getting laughed off the list by Sonny, here is my Cajun-style
blackened hake:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Cooking-in-confinement/i-cP7rMTr/A

All the recipes are here:
https://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/cooking-in-confinement/

This cooking in confinement project was started almost a year ago, on St.
Patrick?s Day in 2020. It looks to continue, because while restaurants have
re-opened as of this week, it is only outdoors and only until 6 p.m., so no
going out for dinner. In the evening, takeout is the only option, so our
Friday pizza is still available.

Bon app?tit!

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] IMG: my mother's frikadeller)