Subject: [Leica] IMGs: some motorbike shots from the 60s
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2021 01:18:31 +0000

Here are a few bikes I used to own way back when. I had many more as I
used to buy wrecks and flog them onwards, but didn't always have a
working camera, so images are limited and poor quality.

I include one of my favourites - a 1964 Bultaco Metralla 62 made in
Lluis's city. While only a 200cc single cylinder, the Garda (Irish
police) motorbikes - mainly Triumph 350s and 500s couldn't hold a candle
to it. It had Dunlop triangulars, gripped like a leech, accelerated like
a rocket (for the time), and was uncatchable on any twisty road - of
which we have a lot of in Ireland. My biggest motorcycling mistake was
letting it go.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/OldPics/

I'm tempted to buy another, but I'd probably kill myself on it at this
stage :-)

Douglas