Subject: [Leica] Film availability
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 17:30:38 +1030

Use HC-110 for expired film.  It has powerful developing agents and a lot
of strong restrainers in it.  It works very well with expired film or film
exposed and left for a long time.

Note that Kodak has recently reformulated HC-110 and some problems have
been reported.  If you have the old Kodak stuff, that?s the best, but
otherwise the Legacy Pro HC-110 clone from Freestyle is excellent, but that
does not last indefinitely in the bottle like the old Kodak product.  The
new Kodak product is too new to really have provided a clear understanding
of its shelf life.

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 at 7:25 am, Jeffery Smith via LUG <lug at
leica-users.org>