Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 21/1/2021: back to the office
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 22:06:20 +0000

Nathan, nice shot of your colleagues. It won't be hard - hopefully? - to
date that pic in the future. As for the other one, I cannot blame your
colleagues and really, does anyone know anything precisely about the
dangers of this plague?

This morning, on the radio, I heard an "eminent" medico stating that one
can catch the virus by touching infected surfaces. That was a relief as
since I still wipe down everything down with alcohol wipes when it is
delivered. This chimes with research I did in relation to a planning
dispute I'm involved in - sewage in seawater, etc. It seems this thing
persists much longer on cold surfaces and in cold conditions - 99 days
in water at 4 c, and they stopped measuring at that point. Are they
right, at this stage of the evolution of the virus? No one really knows.
So, as they say over here, feck this for a game of cowboys, I'm not
taking any chances.

My own suspicions as to why I picked up this damn thing, is I used to
go, on my walk, through a commonly used, spring loaded gate, and
remember, one evening, rubbing my eye shortly? after opening it. Was
that the reason? Who knows? I wore a mask long before it was popular or
compulsory, but it still didn't save me. Anyway, tomorrow, I'm attending
a consultant of infectious diseases to pour my heart out about my "long"
CoVid and the many ways it can waylay you. Maybe he has something that
can help, we'll see.

Douglas