Subject: [Leica] The old neighborhood, 1955
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 12:35:40 +0000

"... when things looked like that ..." Wonderful. JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim

________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de
Peter Klein via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
Envoy? : lundi 18 janvier 2021 11:03
? : lug <lug at leica-users.org>; olympus at thomasclausen.net <olympus at
thomasclausen.net>; leicareflex at freelists.org <leicareflex at
freelists.org>
Cc : Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant at gmail.com>
Objet : [Leica] The old neighborhood, 1955

While I grew up in a Boston suburb, I was born in New York City, and
spent most of my first two years in this neighborhood in the Bronx. This
is one of the few "street photos" my Mom took.  Thanks to Kodachrome's
longevity, you can see it in color. That's my Dad in the suit, and me in
the stroller.  I don't remember living there, but my grandparents lived
nearby, and we visited them frequently after we left NYC.  So I still
have vivid memories of when things looked like that.

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/50848431266/in/dateposted-public/>

I've got a lot more scans to post, but I wanted to highlight this one,
so it stands alone. Enjoy!

--Peter