Subject: [Leica] Garret Island House C. 1750-60
From: cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 11:33:07 -0500

I have not heard anything of its having been moved, so I suspect that the
original brick foundation was replaced in place as it failed. Stone does not
exist here, so brick would have been the foundation of choice of for a nice
home. The poor would have used stump sized wood, often tree cross sections.

Any stone here is imported. The town I live in has several walls/fences, but
rarely buildings of stone. These were cast off ballast from visiting
merchant ships.

ric

Replies: Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] Garret Island House C. 1750-60)
Reply from bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Garret Island House C. 1750-60)