Subject: [Leica] Garret Island House C. 1750-60
From: photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 16:42:55 +0100

What?s not to like there :-)

Just a question: do you happen to know if that house was moved at some point
in the not so distant past?

I notice that concrete building blocks serve as pillars, and I wouldn?t
think their ? invention ? is as old as the house itself. The bricks though,
attest of much older established.

What makes me think this is that Alice?s Grandma had one such wooden farm
that was moved a couple of villages further when she got married. All pieces
were numbered which eased the reconstruction work.

Also, wooden frame construction was long banned in some areas of France.
People were thus de facto forbidden to move places when the local lord was
too, grumpy? if not worse.

Amities

Philippe