Subject: [Leica] (Wayback Photo: Orchestra Rehearsal)
From: amagayneroshak at gmail.com (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 16:06:11 -0600

On Thu, 07 Jan 2021 Brian Reid <reid at mejac.carlsbad.ca.us>wrote:

>You have my sympathy and understanding. Is she able to use a knee
>scooter ("kneelchair")? Do you have a multi-story house?
Thanks.  We had bad luck with a knee scooter in 2016.  That's when Kat
broke these bones the first time.  She was in rehab
for six weeks, came home, tried the scooter, slipped off of it between the
bed and the dresser, and fractured her tibia.  Another
six weeks at a rehab place!  We rented one again this time, but she is
doing well with a walker (and gait belt just in case).  The
wheelchair won't fit through our doorways when it's unfolded.
Our house is a 1919 four-bedroom worker bungalow (all paid off) with two
storys and a basement.  Kat stays on the main level.
My office/mancave is on the upper floor front, separated by the unfinished
attic space from another finished room over the kitchen,
where the cats spend most of their time.  I go up the 14 steps more than 20
times a day; and down 12 steps to the basement at least
that many times too. Our extra food supplies are down there, plus the
washer and dryer, workbench, my remaining photo lights and
darkroom gear (although there is no actual chamber to use it in). I put in
extra railings a year ago, plus grab bars on the steps to
the basement. I think of the stairs as my fitness gear.
--
Alan

(Retired)
UPAA Photographer of the Year 1978