Subject: [Leica] from the Avian Portrait Studio
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 15:50:42 +0000

Doug, you're absolutely the best bird photographer around. Amazing. Also,
I'm wondering why there are so many different types of birds visiting your
garden / studio ? Where I live, the only ones I could photograph if they'd
be patient enough, are "sparrows" (I know, there are numbers of different
types of sparrows, I haven't managed yet to make out differences!) and black
birds and magpies  and chickadees ... I guess you provide your birds with a
special treat!
Happy New Year to you and your family!
JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim

________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de
Douglas Herr via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
Envoy? : jeudi 31 d?cembre 2020 12:39
? : lug at leica-users.org <lug at leica-users.org>
Cc : Douglas Herr <telyt at earthlink.net>
Objet : [Leica] from the Avian Portrait Studio

Tomorrow I'll be released from quarantine so I'll be able to go farther
afield but the last several days I've been occupied with the backyard Avian
Portrait Studio where I've fund numerous suitable subjects:

Oak Titmouse, a relative of chickadees
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/paridae/baeolophus/inornatus/baeino15.html

Yellow-rumped Warbler, the only warbler hardy enough to overwinter locally
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/parulidae/setophaga/coronata/setcor23.html

Lincoln's Sparrow
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/passerellidae/melospiza/lincolnii/mellin06.html

Yellow-billed Magpie, a California endemic species which was threatened by
West Nile virus a number of years ago but has recovered adequately
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/corvidae/pica/nuttalli/picnut06.html

Bewick's Wren
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/troglodytidae/thryomanes/bewickii/thrbew08.html

all photos: "Leica" a7rIII, "Leica" FE 100-400 GMaster.  All comments are
welcome.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com