Subject: [Leica] Work During Confinement
From: j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 17:24:32 +0000

Two great pictures!
JM

Jean-Michel Mertz
68750 - Bergheim

________________________________
De : LUG <lug-bounces+j2m46=hotmail.fr at leica-users.org> de la part de Ken
Carney via LUG <lug at leica-users.org>
Envoy? : lundi 7 d?cembre 2020 22:23
? : Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
Cc : Ken Carney <kcarney1 at cox.net>
Objet : [Leica] Work During Confinement

With movement being so limited during the Covid mess, I've been going
back through old negatives.  I've been picking up the pace on scanning,
thanks to Chris Crawford's tutorial on scanning b&w negs, and trying to
improve my Photoshop technique.

Here is an image of a dune in Death Valley.  I shot it with a 210mm
Rodenstock lens, but never printed it because the shutter blade outline
is very visible, not sure why.  A little work with the healing brush
fixed that.  Then I added a sky from my front yard.  4x5 TMax 100 in
TMax RS developer:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kcarney/Dune_Rev2020.jpg.html

In this image of Manly Beacon in Death Valley, the top third of the
negative is uneven and smudged, maybe a mistake in developing.  It is a
clear sky except for the setting moon and clouds over the Panamints, so
I took an image of a clear sky, used that in sky replacement and brushed
only the damaged part of the sky.  I had never been able to fix it with
the clone brush.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/kcarney/ManlyBeacon_Rev2020-2.jpg.html

Comments and suggestions always appreciated.

Ken