Subject: [Leica] photokina is no more
From: jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 18:11:52 -0500

I agree about camera shows, but not car shows.  In Philadelphia the crowds
have been growing, mainly because it's the one spot where consumers can sit
in many different kinds of cars and get the feel of the interior, sight
lines, conveniences, etc.  If I can sit in a Hyundai Sonata and it's more
comfortable than a Toyota Camry, then I'll skip Toyota and go right to a
Hyundai dealer.  Auto dealers love it because they get to talk to potential
buyers.  People go there mainly for the tactile experience because, as you
noted, the tech information and drive reports are all online.