Subject: [Leica] Monday Misc.
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 09:34:51 -0500

Understood, the motto of Austin is to keep Austin weird.  For the most part
Austin is very wealthy and very young.  It is also a mecca for affluent
retirees who move here for the warmer climate, closeness to children
working in the tech sector, very tolerant social structure, and the
diversity of the population in every category you can name.  So, people are
liberated to express themselves artistically.  The downside is that the
pendulum is swinging too much in one direction allowing the currently
dominant persuasion to try to dictate speech and ideas; but there is
currently strong push back which is normal and a good thing to validate
ideas.