Subject: [Leica] IMG: More on the Stuff on Power Poles
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2020 14:49:33 -0500

Philippe, that is my sentiment exactly.  The issue is cost today versus
long term costs for continuous repair of exposed cables.  There are also
access issues if you have to dig up the cables periodically.  However, as
extensions are made to the grid we should build tunnels and bury the
lines.  I am sure that our friends in California would like the lines to be
underground and not either causing fires or causing blackouts due to burned
out lines.  Always money.