Subject: [Leica] IMG: More on the Stuff on Power Poles
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2020 14:14:42 -0500

Don Dory introduced the subject of power poles, and Sonny Carter
mentioned that there are other communications uses besides telephone on
them now, probably referring to fiber optics and the internet.? Having
observed the? damage a squirrel can do to a fiber cable, I thought I
would point out some things most people don't recognize. Damaged? fiber
cables are spliced inside a sealed tank-like container, that is then
attached beneath the original carrier cable.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20201006-DSCF2126.JPG.html

Then, the surplus cable that allowed the technician to make the repair
on the ground is pulled up and secured along the carrier cable as a
loop, ending in the large-radius bend frequently seen along overhead
cable runs.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20201006-DSCF2125.JPG.html

Never give a squirrel a limb to sit on near a cable run.? He will work
mischief every time, and it is expensive.

X-T2 and Leica-R 60 Macro with 2X extender.? (Yes, it will work.)

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (CartersXRd) ([Leica] IMG: More on the Stuff on Power Poles)